From Staff Reports, Las Cruces Sun-News
Published 8:52 a.m. MT Aug. 26, 2019
LAS CRUCES – The city’s Parks & Recreation Department will be offering a series of day trips for newcomers and residents of Las Cruces to sites, parks, museums and events in the surrounding area. The series begins Sept. 16, with a trip to historic 12th Street in Carrizozo and then on to explore White Oaks Ghost Town.
The 50-Plus “Day Tripping” is designed to be a social, fun, and educational outlet for those currently residing in Las Cruces, or people considering the area as a future home. Day Trips are listed as:
- Sept. 16: Carrizozo to visit art galleries. Depart 8 a.m. return 5:30 p.m. $20.
- Oct. 13: White Sands National Monument Full Moon Night for picnic and entertainment. Depart 5 p.m., return 9 p.m. $10
- Nov. 14: Deming to visit museum and eat at Adobe Deli. Depart 8:30 a.m., return 2 p.m. $10
- Dec. 13: Alamogordo to visit museum and lunch on your own. Depart 8:30 a.m., return 3 p.m. $10
Registration opens Aug. 26. Payments may be made at any of the four registration sites during regular business hours, or at www.las-cruces.org/play and clicking on the “Online Registration” link. Registration site locations:
- Meerscheidt Recreation Center, 1600 E. Hadley Ave.: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Parks and Recreation Administrative Office, 1501 E. Hadley Ave.: Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Frank O’Brien Papen Community Center, 304 W. Bell Ave.: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Regional Aquatic Center, 1401 E. Hadley Ave.: Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Saturday, 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Available spots will be open to the public on a first-come, first-serve basis. No telephone registrations/payments accepted.
For information, call the Recreation Section at 575-541-2454.
Read or Share this story: https://www.lcsun-news.com/story/news/local/2019/08/26/city-begin-series-50-plus-day-trips/2116899001/